The Faculty of Medicine at a glance
The Faculty of Medicine aims to prepare and inspire students for their future tasks in a practice-oriented manner, closely interlinking teaching, research and health care.
With more than 3,500 students and about 1,800 scientists in over 50 clinics, institutes and centres for research and teaching, the Faculty of Medicine focuses on interdisciplinary, practice-, patient- and science-oriented teaching.
Scientists explore problems of great societal relevance in three research focus areas: "Tumor biology, infection and immunity", "Homeostatic principles in metabolism and tissue regeneration" and "Neuromodulation".
Figures, data, facts
University Hospital of Cologne
The 5 Pillars of the Faculty of Medicine
- Excellence in health care with (inter)national visibility in many disciplines
- Focus on three main priority areas, combining basic research and health care and promoting individual excellence
- Use of the expertise of all university and non-university partners - Research Alliance Cologne
- Model course of study with early introduction to science-based medicine and practical training
- Structured support programs for young scientists