Institut für Pathologie
AG Merkelbach-Bruse – Diagnostic Molecular Pathology/Research projects
- HR23B as a predicitve biomarker for HDAC inhibitor based therapy
- Digital droplet PCR (ddPCR) and parallel sequencing in cancer detection and monitoring using plasma samples
- New strategies in parallel sequencing – alternative enrichment technologies and RNA sequencing
- nCounter Vantage 3D assays – simultaneous profiling of DNA, RNA aund protein targets
AG Büttner / Odenthal
- Function of epigenetic writers in oncogenic signaling
- epigenetic mechanisms crucial for lung cancer.
- novel approaches in molecular pathology such as ultra-deep sequencing of RNA and DNA
driver mutations in neuroendocrine tumors, gastrointestinal tumors, endometrial cancer,
- immune escape.
- novel molecular approaches
- cellular and cell-free miRNA in liver fibrosis and hepatocellular carcinoma,
- miRNA profiles in patients with acute and chronic liver disease as potential biomarkers
- miRNA expression and the mechanisms, which control miRNA secretion.