Studienstart International offers students the optimal preparation for their degree programme.
Students from non-EU countries applying for human medicine, dentistry or neuroscience, begin their studies at the University of Cologne with the one-semester programme "Studienstart International".
The one-semester programme is comprised of:
- initial courses in the primary area of study
- learning skills classes
- supplementary German language classes (following a placement test)
- subject-specific German language courses
- an orientation series
- intercultural awareness classes
- a faculty- or discipline-specific programme
- content that is tightly linked to the degree programme
- excellent preparation for the chosen degree programme
- successful completion of Studienstart International allows admission to a regular course of study
- a highly customised schedule tailored to each individual student
This is supplemented by:
- information prior to your arrival via the UKI online information portal
- a team/buddy programme
- a welcome event
- extra counseling and academic support organized by the ZIB Med
Our Application-Guide provides information about the documents you need to submit and the application deadlines.
More information about the program "Studienstart International" and how to enroll can be found here.