The international exchange of medical experts offers the opportunity to work on research projects with internationally renowned colleagues within Cologne University Medicine. Projects often gain in efficiency and depth.
In 2016, the Dean's Office of the Faculty of Medicine introduced a visiting professorship programme as part of the internationalisation of the faculty. The programme will attract internationally outstanding foreign scientists and scholars to the Faculty of Medicine for a research stay of a maximum of three months.
The Faculty of Medicine will finance up to two visiting professorships per year and, within this framework, will cover travel expenses and accommodation costs. All other costs must be covered by the inviting institute or clinic via third-party funds.
Please note: The visiting professorships in the calendar year 2020 will be cancelled due to the corona pandemic.
The application is submitted by the inviting institute/clinic director* and addressed to the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine. Applications are accepted by Dr. Gian Paolo Marcuzzi. In addition to a description of the joint research project, the application should contain the curriculum vitae of the visiting professor to be invited, a list of publications and the list of his/her third-party funding as well as the significance of the invitation for the faculty as a whole.
Realised and planned visiting professorships at the Medical Faculty 2016 to 2021
1. Prof.‘ Sibel Gültekin Gazi University, Türkei 09.-10. 2016 + 07.-08. 2017 Prof. R. Büttner Pathologie
2. Prof.‘ Suzanne M. Leal Baylor College of Medicine, USA 09.-11. 2018 Prof. M. Nothnagel Cologne Center for Genomics
3. Prof.‘ Lin Fritschi Curtin University, Australien 07.-08.2016 + 08.-09. 2018 Prof. T. C. Erren Arbeits-/Umweltmedizin
4. Prof. David R. Bickers Columbia University, USA 2017/2018 Prof.‘ C. Niessen Dermatologie
5. Dr. Micheal E. Stern Baylor College of Medicine, USA 09.2018 – 12.2022 Prof. P. Steven Augenheilkunde
6. Prof.‘ Cecília Favali University of Brasilia, Brasilien 04.201 - 02.2020 Prof.‘ von Stebut-Borschitz Dermatologie
7. Prof. Mike Sapieha University of Montreal, Kanada vors. 2020 Prof. T. Langmann Augenheilkunde
8. Prof. Pierre Watcho University of Dschang, Kamerun vors. Ende 2020/Anfang 2021 PD Dr. Filomain Nguemo vom Zentrum für Physiologie und Pathophysiologie, Institut für Neurophysiologie
9. Prof. Fenga Ma, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences & Peking Union Medical College, Chengdu, vors. Ende 2020/Anfang 2021 Dr. Dr. Tomo Saric vom Zentrum für Physiologie und Pathophysiologie, Institut für Neurophysiologie