Before you submit your application please talk to the coordinator at your home university and decide which courses are relevant for later recognition by your university.
The choice of courses will then be entered in the Learning Agreement between the student, their home university and the university being visited. Your ERASMUS coordinator will help you to prepare a Learning Agreement.
Please note that the following subjects can only be included if you spend at least two semesters – a whole academic year – in Cologne.
- Surgery (including visceral surgery, vascular surgery, cardiac and thoracic surgery and trauma surgery)
- Internal medicine (including gastroenterology, cardiology, haematology/ oncology, endocrinology)
- Imaging procedures (radiology)
- Emergency medicine
It is not possible to complete these subjects in a single semester. It is also not possible to complete only individual parts of these subjects.
Please do also keep in mind that it is no longer possible to repeat an exam in order to improve your grades. In case you did not pass an exam you can only repeat it in the NEXT semester. There are no re-examinations at the end of each semester.
When choosing your courses please note that you can select subjects from different semesters.
An overview of the subjects and the corresponding ECTS credits is given here.
In this regard please be aware that we cannot offer you a detailed program/catalog of each subject/course, but an short overview with information on topics, duration, and internships. Nevertheless even if the courses differ in their topics they should get accepted due to the bilateral agreement made by each of our partner universities. Please consult your Erasmus coordinator prior of choosing your courses.
- ZIB Med will check your Learning Agreement and then put together your individual semester plan.
- We will discuss this with you after your arrival.
- You will also be registered to attend all the lectures, classes, seminars and exams included on your semester plan.
- You do not need to register yourself independently for any of these events.
- You do not need to register via Klips etc.