Students should first contact the relevant coordinator at their home university. After the internal selection procedure has been completed the home university sends a list of nominated students to ZIB Med.
The application process described below applies for visits for one or two semesters within the ERASMUS+ programme. Students from non-EU countries may need to complete a different application. Students from partner universities outside Europe should therefore contact ZIB Med directly after they have been nominated by their coordinator.
Once the partner universities have nominated their students, ZIB Med contacts the students directly and asks them to send the following documents by email:
- current CV (in German or English)
- Learning Agreement – signed / stamped by their home university. CAVE: We will accredit you only the ECTS points for succesfully completed classes or practicals mentioned here and not those from your home university.
- Health certificate. Please read also the following important information!
- ZIB Med personal details form (please paste recent ID photo at provided place as a file)
- Proof of health insurance (e.g. EHIC card) CAVE: during the pre semester courses you are not insured via the enrollment at the UoC! Please procure a private accident insurance.
- current Transcript of Records of the home university
- Knowledge of the German language. Please send us a certificate that confirms that you learned German at your school/university or at a specific German language school:
- B1 is precondition for all departments/courses (A1 and A2 is not sufficient!)
- B2 for studies or internships in Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Neurology, Ophthalmology
- C1 for studies or internships in Psychiatry
- Please read the following website for detailed information.
- Copy of your passport or identity card
The deadlines for submitting these documents are as follows:
15th December for the following summer semester (April - September)
15th June for the following winter semester (October - March)
If the complete application does not reach ZIB Med by the relevant deadline, the official nomination is no longer valid and the place is forfeited.
Enrolment at the University of Cologne:
Registration at KLIPS 2.0. After that download the Application form for admission AND Student Registration Form and send them filled out to the International Office of the University of Cologne (erasmus_studentsverw.uni-koeln.de).